Mission, History, and Code of Ethics
Our mission is to be considered the premier employee benefits consulting practice in the Carolinas. We will accomplish this through partnership with our clients, providing them with exceptional professional advice and guidance, superior customer service, timely responses and innovative ideas with a high degree of integrity, honesty and dedication to purpose. Benefit Controls conducts its business according to the highest standards of professional and personal ethics.
Established in 1979, Benefit Controls is a privately held Southeastern corporation that continues to experience steady growth with offices nationwide. Our philosophy is simple - deliver outstanding service consistently. When it comes to designing and managing employee benefits, employers have a lot to consider. Our mission is to develop a partnership with our clients, which enables us to work together to conserve costs and enhance benefits while ensuring quality. We only work with financially sound companies that maintain high ratings by A.M. Best, the insurance industry’s leading evaluator. We specialize in meticulous evaluation of consolidation of benefit offerings and see ourselves as an extension of the Human Resources Department of our clients.
Today, Benefit Controls is responsible for more than $500 million in benefit products. Our offices serve 800 corporate accounts and cover over 400,000 employees. We are known as an up front, proactive, honest and capable company. With experienced benefits consultants, marketplace knowledge, and a proven approach to meeting client needs, we are the employer advocate in benefit solutions. No client is a “number” rather; every client can enjoy the special attention and the customized services that match their unique needs.
Code of Ethics
As employees and representatives of Benefit Controls, it is our professional responsibility to:
- Place the interests of our clients ahead of our own and serve them with the highest degree of integrity, honesty and competence.
- Our employees do not and will not receive any inducement or rewards for any particular business decisions.
- Provide each client with exceptional professional advice and guidance, superior customer service, timely responses and innovative ideas and solutions. Employees have an obligation to observe the highest standards of professional conduct in the course of providing advice, recommendations and other services performed for our clients.
- Treat each client with respect and dignity.
- Serve each client in a conscientious and diligent manner.
- Hold in strict confidence, all the information acquired in the course of the relationship concerning the business and affairs of our clients. Employees will not divulge any such information unless authorized to do so by the client. This applies to employees during their tenure with Benefit Controls and thereafter.
- Maintain the required Continuing Education requirements set forth by National Departments of Insurance.
- Improve professional skills and knowledge through seminars, professional associations and other business relationships.